The Coalition on Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology, Asia (CREATe Asia) is an alliance of agencies across Asia, interested in promoting the development, provision and use of assistive technologies across the Asia Pacific region.
Through initiating and leading the i-CREATe Conferences from 2007, Singapore and Thailand, with other Asian organisations, were able to identify a regional need for communication and collaboration within the broader AT delivery system. An alliance was loosely formed at i-CREATe 2013 in Korea and the work commenced: creating the aims and objectives of a formal alliance.
The alliance was formalized by the signing of a Memorandum of Agreement in the presence of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of the Kingdom of Thailand during the i-CREATe conference in Singapore in 2015. Members of the alliance are diverse and cover the states of Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, New Zealand and Australia.
In addition to the annual i-CREATe conference, the alliance is currently building an Asia AT Search portal, joining the data bases of its members from Australia, China and Japan. The portal is based on the European portal, EASTIN and is funded by the Singapore government.
- Assistive Technology Australia (AT Australia), Australia
- Australian Rehabilitation Assistive Technology Association (ARATA), Australia
- China Association of Assistive Products (CAAP), China
- Hong Kong Occupational Therapy Association (HKOTO), Hong Kong
- Hyogo Institute of Assistive Technology (HIAT) / Hyogo Rehabilitation Center (HRC), Japan
- Korean Association of Assistive Technology Professionals (KAATP), South Korea
- National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA, Thailand
- New Zealand Federation of Disability Information Centres (NZFDIC), New Zealand
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Society of Japan (RESJA), Japan
- Singapore Therapeutic, Assistive and Rehabilitative Technology (START) Centre, Singapore
- Taiwan Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society (TREATS), Taiwan
- University of Shanghai for Science and Technology (USST), China
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia